At Patricia Heights School we believe in working together to help each student reach their potential.
- Caring and collaborative relationships
- High expectations and high quality learning opportunities
- Meaningful participation and engagement
- Critical thinking and creativity in learning
- Safety and wellness of self and others and our environment
- Inspiring a love of learning
Patricia Heights Offers:
- Focus on achievement and success for all students
- Committed, dedicated and qualified teaching staff
- Friendly, caring community developed by parents, staff and students working together
- Use of Technology to support student learning
- Opportunities for leadership and involvement in extra- curricular activities
- French as a second language instruction from grades four to six
- Music specialist and school wide artist in residence each year
- Commitment to teaching skills and competencies needed for the 21st century
- Connections to the greater community through varied and well planned field trips
- Daily physical activity opportunities
- Implementation of proactive pro-social skills and well being
At Patricia Heights School we strive to promote these values through Project Based Learning opportunities, the use of technology and a focus on the 7 Habits of Happy Kids.
Project based learning is a cross-curricular approach to teaching and learning. Students have voice and choice in sharing their learning. A collaborative atmosphere of learning supports students as they develop as learners. In a Project Based Learning environment you can see students working together in groups or independently. Technology becomes a tool for research and creativity. The Project Based Learning environment meets a variety of learning needs. Students may be working in groups or independently on projects of inquiry. Developing critical thinking skills is at the heart of project based learning as students participate in authentic learning experiences.
Technology plays an important role in our school as a tool to support learning. Students have access to a variety of technological devices including, chromebooks, ipads, smartboards and other specialized equipment.
We are a 7 Habits School. This means that we utilize the resource and the language from The Seven Habits for Happy Kids model. It acts as a springboard to teach children values and principles that help them to make positive choices and live a balanced life.
We believe that cooperation and collaboration between home and school provide the best educational experiences for children. The strong home and school partnership at Patricia Heights helps us to make education an engaging and rewarding experience for all. With your involvement and support, we can provide an education that challenges and supports your child to excel.